Loadstar Sensors offers a variety of digital load cells, weight sensors or weight scales with USB or Wireless output. The iLoad Series and the iLoad Series offer direct USB Output through out S2U UART to USB miniB to USB A adapters. The DI-100U/DI-1000U USB Load Cell Interfaces can be mated to any of our resistive load cells to obtain calibrated USB output.
Although any Windows Tablet (e.g. Surface 3, Surface 4 or Surface Pro) or All-In-One PC can be used as a very effective and rich display with a GUI environment using our LV-1000/LV-4000/SensorVUE/ControlVUE software, a number of customers have asked us for a simple, dedicated Touch Screen LCD display for use in factory and laboratory settings where use of PCs may not be appropriate.
In order to meet our customer requests, we have developed a display solution - the DS-3000 Pro - using a Raspberry Pi 3 (RPi3) controller and Touch Screen display as shown below. Our solution comes ready to use out of the box, all you need is to plug in the sensor and power our display using the provided power supply.
Unlike our RD-1000 or other third party generic displays, this display DOES NOT need to be calibrated with a load cell.
Once the app is opened, you will see the following options:
- START: Writes "WC" command to sensor to begin data collection. Starts displaying weight values.
- STOP: Stops data collection.
- TARE: Tares the sensor (CT0). Zeroes out initial weight/force before you can take readings relative that initial value.
- HELP: Opens Help file with some common errors and how to fix them.
- UNITS: Pick which units you want to display data in. Lbs, N, Kg, g.
- PORT option menu: If you have multiple sensors connected, you can pick which one you want to display.
- ID: Shows sensor ID, so you know which sensor is selected.
The display comes with an adjustable stand whose angle can be adjusted by gently moving it back and forth. It also comes with a 5V/1A power adapter with a Micro USB connector to power the device.
To use the display, assuming sensor was connected before powering up the unit, just touch the Tare button first. Select units you want the information displayed in. And then touch the Start button. That's it!
This display comes in two versions:
- The DS-3000U Pro which works only on USB load cells and DI-100U/DI-1000U interfaces
- and the DS-3000 Pro BLE which works with the DI-1000BLE for wireless communication between the display and the load cell/interface. This unit also supports USB functionality and is compatible with the iLoad/iLoadTR/iLoadPro/iLoad Mini+DQ-1000U and any resistive load cell mated and calibrated with our DI-100U/DI-1000U interface devices.
This display can simply be placed on a flat surface and the angle of the display can be adjusted for better viewing comfort under various lighting and sitting/standing conditions. If you need a dedicated display for your application, please email or call us at email@example.com or 510-274-1872.
Update as of 01/01/2020
We offer two versions of the DS-3000-Pro-1 which supports just one USB load cell connected to it (or a wireless XBee sensor with a dongle) and the DS-3000-Pro-4 which supports up to four USB load cells connected to it.
The four channel version shows values from each of the four connected digital USB load cells as well as the sum of the four. The 4 channel version can be used to display weights and forces on a four load cell scale built using four DI-100U, or four DI-1000U devices or one DI-400U device, as well as from four iLoad, iLoad TR and iLoad Pro devices. The DS-3000-Pro-4 also displays the Peak and Low values in a given session.